Sue Lau's Note:
This dish = comfort food. No doubt about it. Just ask your mother. She will cuddle you and fix you up with a bowl right away...
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rubbed sage
- 1/4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1/4 cup milk
- black pepper
- 3 tablespoons diced pimentos or 3 tablespoons diced roasted red peppers
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen mixed vegetables, thawed and drained
- 2 lbs cooked boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 (8 ounce) package kluski noodles, cooked al dente (egg noodles o.k.)
- 2/3 cup unseasoned breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter, cut into small pieces (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Heat butter in large pan; stir in flour, mixing well., then add seasonings. Stir in broth and milk, stirring constantly; season with salt and pepper to taste; add pimientos. Stir until mixture thickens, then remove from heat.
- 3Place vegetables, cooked chicken, and cooked noodles in a 2quart baking dish. Pour sauce over and stir to mix in; sprinkle breadcrumbs over all. Dot with butter, if desired.
- 4Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes or until top is golden and bubbly.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken and Noodles
Serving Size: 1 (243 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 437.0
- Calories from Fat 193
- Total Fat 21.5 g
- Saturated Fat 8.2 g
- Cholesterol 113.5 mg
- Sodium 489.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 37.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: