Prep 1 hr
Cook 15 mins
Another yummy chicken and pasta stir-fry. We have this alot in the summer because its prepped on the stovetop, so no heating the oven!! You could also use shrimp or beef with this recipe in place of the chicken. Leftovers are wonderful cold!!
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup white wine or 1⁄4 cup additional chicken broth
- 3 -4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground ginger (or more to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 3⁄4 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into strips
- 4 teaspoons oil, divided
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 2 cups julienned carrots
- 2 cups shredded Chinese cabbage or 2 cups napa cabbage
- 1 cup fresh snow peas or 1 cup frozen snow peas, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 6 ounces spaghetti, broken in half
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- Combine first seven ingredients in bowl; set aside 3/4 cup of mixture.
- Place chicken in large resealable plastic bag and add remaining marinade.
- Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for half an hour.
- Drain and discard marinade from chicken.
- In large, nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry chicken in 2 tsp oil until no longer pink (3-5 minutes).
- Remove chicken from pan, and stir-fry broccoli and carrots in remaining oil for 6 minutes.
- Add cabbage and peas;stir-fry for 3 minutes longer, until veggies are crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile cook pasta according to package directions.
- Combine cornstarch and reserved marinade, and mix until smooth; add to veggie mixture.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes, or until thickened.
- Drain pasta; stir into veggie mixture.
- Return chicken to pan and cook until heated through.