Prep 45 mins
Cook 6 hrs
This recipe I created took it into work and it was first thing to go and they asked for more and the recipe. You can take this down in fat and cholesterol and sodium as well. First of all use the size a bird your crock pot will hold --- . if you like more chicken flavor add boulin or soup base which can be low salt variety- as well- flakes for a sweet onion- fresh for frozen green beans- If you are not worried about diet use regular ingredients instead-omit mushrooms - if allergic.
- 5 lbs roasting chickens
- 2 (8 ounce) cans reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried onion flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Mrs. Dash seasoning mix, for grilled chicken
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen green beans
- 5 -6 fresh carrots
- 1 (8 ounce) can fat-free cream of chicken soup
- 1 (8 ounce) can fat-free cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (12 ounce) can mushrooms
- 1 (1 lb) bag noodles
- thaw chicken if needed and remove giblets- if desired skin as well -I left it on. For those on low-fat and sodium diets-Do the chicken ahead on the prior day-wash it and remove skin and as much fat as you can(put it in crockput before that day's work- than night debone and place in fridge or freezer for a few hrs to bring fat to the top of the broth -skim it off). Right after getting up - heat the mixture to just boiling in sauce pan - pour into crock pot. warning- you need a little fat- do not try to remove it all or you will lose the flavor. on the soups and broth- substitue low-fat, low-sodium for the regular for restricted diets. Do not dilute the soups!
- Put all ingredients in crockpot except noodles. use no egg yolks.
- Use seasonings listed to taste.
- I put it on low right before I went to bed and 1/2 hours before the meal I wanted it for- turned it on high to get it good and hot for the noodles.
- The noodle variety is per choice, I used the wide no-yolk variety.
- TURN THE CROCKPOT OFF! PUT DRY NOODLES IN COVER AND LET STEAM FOR 20 MINUTES. This prevents the noodles from going to mush and absorbing more flavor. ENJOY!
- A nice note this works well for chicken and dumplings as well. This gets even better left-over and cold- I made the dish on sunday took it to work on thursday and it wa s still good.