Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Make and share this Chicken and Mustard Crumble recipe from Food.com.
- 500 g chicken meat, chopped into bite size pieces (I use thigh meat)
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup cooked pasta
- salt and pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups 2% low-fat milk
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 slices bread, crumbed
- 50 g grated cheese
- 1 cup chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 200°C degrees.
- Heat a non stick pan and sauté chicken, onion and garlic until cooked through.
- Add mushrooms, pasta and salt and pepper.
- Mix milk, cornstarch and mustard together.
- Add to pan and stir until sauce has thickened.
- Spoon chicken mixture into an ovenproof dish and sprinkle with combined cheese, breadcrumbs and parsley.
- Bake at 200°C degrees for about 15 minutes or until crumbs are crispy and golden.
This is one delicious recipe.! Simple, easy & quick to make and very tasty. I cut back on the sauce but next time I'll make the full amount and serve the sauce over plain buttered noodles. As usual I increased the garlic. This recipe could be made ahead and then 25 minutes before dinner Sprinkle with the cheese & crumbs, pop into the 200C (385F) oven Thanks Eve surprised it was buried for so long before coming to light. Will definately make it again
I made this for dinner last night and what a hit! I baked boneless/skinless chicken breasts early in the day and cut them up in pieces. I threw them in the skillet with about a 1/4 of an onion and bottled minced garlic when ready. I didn't use the mushrooms or pasta and used skim milk and whole wheat bread. Thank you very much for the recipe.
Had this for dinner tonight, this was great, easy to make ahead of time & reheat when needed. My 19 month old daughter also gave this a go so thankyou! Will be making this again next time the in-laws are over for Sunday lunch.