Recipe by Evie*
Top Review by Bergy
This is one delicious recipe.! Simple, easy & quick to make and very tasty. I cut back on the sauce but next time I'll make the full amount and serve the sauce over plain buttered noodles. As usual I increased the garlic. This recipe could be made ahead and then 25 minutes before dinner Sprinkle with the cheese & crumbs, pop into the 200C (385F) oven Thanks Eve surprised it was buried for so long before coming to light. Will definately make it again
- 500 g chicken meat, chopped into bite size pieces (I use thigh meat)
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup cooked pasta
- salt and pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups 2% low-fat milk
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 slices bread, crumbed
- 50 g grated cheese
- 1 cup chopped parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 200°C degrees.
- Heat a non stick pan and sauté chicken, onion and garlic until cooked through.
- Add mushrooms, pasta and salt and pepper.
- Mix milk, cornstarch and mustard together.
- Add to pan and stir until sauce has thickened.
- Spoon chicken mixture into an ovenproof dish and sprinkle with combined cheese, breadcrumbs and parsley.
- Bake at 200°C degrees for about 15 minutes or until crumbs are crispy and golden.