1/3 Photos of Chicken and Mushrooms in a Cream Sauce
1 hr 15 mins
Good Looking Cooking's Note:
A combination of chicken, mushrooms, garlic,lemon, cream and herbs, with a touch of sherry, gives this dish a mix of flavours that compliment each other beautifully to deliver a delicately flavoured dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 kg chicken
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 29.58 ml butter
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 75 ml sweet sherry
- 230 g mushrooms, sliced
- 1Cut the chicken into portions and coat with the lemon juice, rubbing in well.
- 2Melt the butter in a heavy bottomed saucepan and brown the chicken.
- 3Add the sherry and garlic.
- 4Cover with a lid and cook on low heat for about an hour.
- 5Just before serving add the mushrooms and cook for another 5 minutes.
- 6Remove to a serving dish and keep warm.
- 7retain the cooking liquid.
- 8Bechamel Sauce:.
- 9Add carrot and slice of onion,thyme,parsley and bayleaf to milk.
- 10Bring to the boil in a small saucepan and remove from cooktop.
- 11replace the lid and allow to steep for at least half an hour.
- 12strain through a sieve and discard vegetables and herbs.
- 13melt the butter, add the flour and mix, then add the milk to make the bechamel sauce.
- 14season to taste with salt & pepper.
- 15Add the bechamel sauce to the chicken cooking liquid and simmer for 2 minutes.
- 16add the cream and pour this delicious sauce over the chicken and serve.
Browse Our Top Whole Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Whole Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken and Mushrooms in a Cream Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (358 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 688.7
- Calories from Fat 443
- Total Fat 49.2 g
- Saturated Fat 19.1 g
- Cholesterol 214.1 mg
- Sodium 273.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 46.4 g