1/1 Photo of Chicken and Mushrooms
This is really easy to make, and makes an absolutely delicious chinese meal if served with rice. Chopping ingredients takes all the time here, as it is cooked really quickly. It comes from 'Chinese Cooking' by Deh-ta-Hsuing. This is a book I have had for 20 years or more, and I have made this recipie many, many times.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces chicken breasts, boned and skinned,and cut into thin slices
- 1 egg white
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 4 ounces canned water chestnuts, halved
- 4 ounces peas
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons peanut oil or 4 tablespoons vegetable oil or 4 tablespoons sunflower oil (preferably groundnut)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1Mix the cornstarch, egg white and 1/2 teaspoon of the salt.
- 2Put the slices of chicken into this mixture.
- 3Heat half the oil in a non-stick wok (do not allow it to get too hot).
- 4Stir fry the chicken until lightly coloured.
- 5Remove meat with a perforated spoon.
- 6Heat the remaining oil in the wok until smoking.
- 7Toss in the spring onions.
- 8Then add the mushrooms, water chestnuts and peas.
- 9Add the remaining salt and stir for approximately 5 minutes.
- 10Add the chicken slices, soy sauce and sugar.
- 11Cook together for 1 minute.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken and Mushrooms
Serving Size: 1 (211 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 299.9
- Calories from Fat 171
- Total Fat 19.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 36.2 mg
- Sodium 1182.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 5.5 g
- Protein 17.1 g