Recipe by Edward S
My grandfather's recipe. My grandfather was famous for his garden and his cooking with the vegetables from his garden. He even made the local newspaper with a page of his recipes. This is taken directly from the newspaper article. I have not tried it but let me know if you do.
Top Review by crickert13
This recipe was exactly what I was looking for! I wanted more sauce, tho, so I tripled the sauce and that worked out perfectly. I also omitted the salt--soy sauce is salty enough on its own. I served it over noodles with broccoli on the side and it made 6 very generous portions. Thanks for posting the exact recipe I was looking for!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless chicken breasts
- 1 lb fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon sherry wine
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut meat into thin slices about 1/8 inch thick.
- Mix with corn starch, water, sherry, salt, and onion.
- Wash mushrooms and cut vertically into slices about 1/4 inch thick.
- Heat one tbsp oil in skillet and cook chicken until pink color is gone.
- Add mushrooms and cook slightly.
- Serve with fried rice and noodles.