Recipe by papergoddess
This is a great dish. I have been having trouble finding sauterne around here lately, but dry vermouth will be good.
Top Review by MizzNezz
This is a great chicken dish! I added a little garlic and put some carrot chunks in for good measure. I used all thighs (with skin removed). Didn't have fresh mushrooms, but a can of button mushrooms worked fine. This has a super flavor. Served it with a side of fresh green beans. I will make this again! Thanks papergoddess!
- 4 tablespoons butter or 4 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 broiler-fryer chickens, cut up or 2 -2 1⁄2 lbs chicken thighs
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 3⁄4 cup dry white wine (I prefer sauterne or dry vermouth)
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in 13" X 9" baking pan.
- Stir in thyme, paprika, salt, and pepper.
- Dredge chicken pieces in flour, then swish in butter (both sides), until coated.
- Arrange them in baking dish.
- Bake in hot oven (400 degrees) until browned, about 30 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 350 degrees, turn over chicken pieces, and add mushrooms and wine.
- Cover dish with foil and continue baking about 30 minutes longer.