Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This was an easy and slightly different dish to put together. I originally found this recipe in the October 2008 copy of BBC Good Food Magazine and since I am a mushroom lover I knew I had to try it. I used part of a a store bought rotisserie chicken that we had made sandwiches of the day before and that showed at this is a good recipe for using up leftovers. When I make it next I will experiment with adding some more herbs to the mushroom and chicken method and maybe a bit of Dijon mustard.
- Microwave the potatoes for 10 minutes on high, turning after 5 minutes and preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a frying pan and then fry the mushrooms over a high heat until golden.
- Stir in the cornflour, gradually add the 3 1/2 ounces milk, then simmer to a smooth sauce.
- Season to taste, then stir in the chicken and parsley.
- Scoop most of the potato from the skins and then mash with the remaining milk and some seasoning.
- Spoon the chicken filling into the shells, top with the mash and then bake for 10 minutes until golden and the skins have crisped up a little.
- Serve with green veg or a salad.