1/1 Photo of Chicken and Mushroom Spud Pies (Twice Baked Potatoes)
This was an easy and slightly different dish to put together. I originally found this recipe in the October 2008 copy of BBC Good Food Magazine and since I am a mushroom lover I knew I had to try it. I used part of a a store bought rotisserie chicken that we had made sandwiches of the day before and that showed at this is a good recipe for using up leftovers. When I make it next I will experiment with adding some more herbs to the mushroom and chicken method and maybe a bit of Dijon mustard.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Microwave the potatoes for 10 minutes on high, turning after 5 minutes and preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- 2Meanwhile, heat the oil in a frying pan and then fry the mushrooms over a high heat until golden.
- 3Stir in the cornflour, gradually add the 3 1/2 ounces milk, then simmer to a smooth sauce.
- 4Season to taste, then stir in the chicken and parsley.
- 5Scoop most of the potato from the skins and then mash with the remaining milk and some seasoning.
- 6Spoon the chicken filling into the shells, top with the mash and then bake for 10 minutes until golden and the skins have crisped up a little.
- 7Serve with green veg or a salad.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken and Mushroom Spud Pies (Twice Baked Potatoes)
Serving Size: 1 (301 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 263.3
- Calories from Fat 50
- Total Fat 5.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 41.8 mg
- Sodium 61.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 19.4 g