Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
I adopted this recipe from Recipezaar, but I have not yet had a chance to make it. I will try this some time soon to see if it needs adjusting or updating. If you make it first, please let me know what you think!
- 1⁄2 lb boneless chicken breast
- 4 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, quartered
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- Thinly slice the chicken breast meat.
- Bring the chicken stock to a rolling boil and add the chicken and mushrooms.
- When the soup starts to boil again and all of the ingredients float to the top, remove from the heat.
- Add the sesame oil and sherry and taste for seasoning.
- Add salt and pepper if necessary.
- Serve in individual soup bowls and sprinkle the parsley on top.
I just had this for lunch and enjoyed it. I cut back on the Sesame Oil to 1 1/2 tbsp and added 3 tbsp dried veggie soup flakes. Very nice flavor
Very tasty and simple. I cut way back on the oil and added some leeks which was a nice addition. And definitely some sea salt. Very light, but lots of flavor and "clean."
I tripled the recipe and followed E.A's lead and added carrots and spinach.... A little extra sherry and less oil to boot. Delish- but my daughter wouldn't touch it. I must confess, that even with the (approx 5 tbsp.) oil- it still seemed a tad oily.... but the flavor was really nice.