1 hr 15 mins
Amazing blend of flavors that will literally make your taste buds come alive! These ingredients came together after I cleaned the refrigerator and tried to use vegetables on hand, but the result was a soup that I will definitely make again.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 -4 garlic cloves
- 1 leek
- 1/2 cup rosemary (I had a bit that we dried ourselves, seems to be more flavorful than the pre bottled type)
- olive oil
- 1/2 cup white wine (I used Mirin)
- 3 quarts chicken broth (*I used Pacific Natural Foods Organic Free Range Chicken Broth which has added sea salt, evaporated )
- 1 1/2 lbs white button mushrooms
- 4 stalks celery
- 6 -7 sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/2 cup pearl barley
- 1 1/2 lbs chicken breasts
- pepper (I used lavender pepper from pelindaba.com)
- 1Mince garlic; slice leek longways then chop.
- 2Place a standard dutch oven on the stovetop.
- 3Add a splash of olive oil, garlic, leek, and rosemary and saute over medium high heat for several minutes.
- 4Add white wine and stir gently for one minute.
- 5Add chicken broth, mushrooms, celery, tomatoes and barley and increase heat slightly. Stir occasionally until mixture comes to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer.
- 6Chop chicken into strips. Add a splash of olive oil to a frying pan and brown chicken on both sides. While chicken is cooking, season with pepper.
- 7Add chicken to soup mixture. Again bring mixture to a boil. After it reaches the boiling stage, reduce heat to simmer and partially cover.
- 8Cook approximately 30 minutes (stirring occasionally) to insure chicken is cooked through.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken and Mushroom Soup
Serving Size: 1 (599 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 395.1
- Calories from Fat 126
- Total Fat 14.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 72.6 mg
- Sodium 1673.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 5.4 g
- Protein 39.3 g