Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
I found this recipe on countrymom.com. Yet again another excellent website for downhome country cooking. My husband loves this recipe. Delicious!
- 4 cups long grain rice
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup
- 2 1⁄2 cups milk
- 8 boneless chicken breasts
- 0.5 (1 1/4 ounce) package dry onion soup mix
- Pour rice into a casserole dish.
- Rinse off chicken breasts and place on top of rice.
- Mix the mushroom soup and milk together, mixing well.
- Pour the mushroom soup mixture over rice and chicken.
- Sprinkle the onion soup mix on top of the chicken.
- Cover the chicken and mushroom rice with foil.
- Bake at 350 degrees for one hour.
- Remove foil and brown the tops of the chicken for 5 minutes.
- ***Add shredded cheese to the top of the dish and melt it for a few minutes until it is bubbly. Excellent addition!
not a very good recipe. Rice after an hour was hard and inedible. had to keep adding more and more milk in it to even TRY and eat it. will not be making this again...