Recipe by SouthernBell2627
I found this recipe on countrymom.com. Yet again another excellent website for downhome country cooking. My husband loves this recipe. Delicious!
- 4 cups long grain rice
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup
- 2 1⁄2 cups milk
- 8 boneless chicken breasts
- 0.5 (1 1/4 ounce) package dry onion soup mix
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour rice into a casserole dish.
- Rinse off chicken breasts and place on top of rice.
- Mix the mushroom soup and milk together, mixing well.
- Pour the mushroom soup mixture over rice and chicken.
- Sprinkle the onion soup mix on top of the chicken.
- Cover the chicken and mushroom rice with foil.
- Bake at 350 degrees for one hour.
- Remove foil and brown the tops of the chicken for 5 minutes.
- ***Add shredded cheese to the top of the dish and melt it for a few minutes until it is bubbly. Excellent addition!