Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This recipe makes two quiche, so you might wish to freeze one for another meal, it may be frozen sucessfully, just cover tightly with foil and place in the freezer, to bake, just thaw in the refrigerator overnight and bake at 350 degrees F for 40-50 minutes, the quiche may be baked in two 9-inch pie pans instead of the quiche pans.
- 2 (9 inch) pastry dough, for two quiche dishes
- 10 -12 green onions, chopped
- 2 -3 minced fresh garlic cloves (optional but good to add, can use (to taste)
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 1⁄2 cups shredded swiss cheese
- 7 -8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 2 cups cooked chicken, chopped
- 8 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup whipping cream or 1 cup half-and-half
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mustard powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 425 degrees.
- Line two 9-inch quiche dishes or pie plates with prepared pastry; prick the bottoms well with a fork.
- Bake for 6-8 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees.
- Cool the crusts on a wire rack.
- In a small frypan, saute the onion and garlic until tender (about 3 minutes).
- In a bowl, combine the sauteed onions and garlic with grated cheese, bacon, mushrooms and cooked chicken; toss gently.
- Divide the mixture in half and spoon into the baked and cooled pie crust.
- In a bowl, combine/whisk the eggs, whipping cream, salt, pepper and dry mustard powder; whisk well until combined.
- Pour half of the cream/egg mixture over the veggies.
- Bake on lowest oven rack for 30 minutes, or until set.