1 hr 20 mins
1 hr 5 mins
Boneless chicken thighs give a moist result, but chicken breasts work well too. Mix wild mushrooms with cultivated button mushrooms for a deeper flavour. From February 2005 Issue of Bon Appetit. This pie is delicious!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (1/2 ounce) package dried porcini mushrooms
- 1 cup hot water
- 9 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 lb assorted fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3/4 cup riesling wine or 3/4 cup other fruity white wine
- 2 ounces prosciutto ham, cut into thin strips
- 2 teaspoons grated lemons, rind of
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch mixed with 1/2 cup water
- 12 sheets fresh phyllo pastry
- 2 lbs chicken thighs, boneless, skinned, excess fat removed, thighs quartered
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1/2 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- 1Combine dried porcini and 1 cup hot water in a small bowl; let stand until porcini are soft, about 20 minutes. Drain porcini, reserving liquid.
- 2Melt 3 TBs butter in heavy large pot over medium high heat. Add fresh mushrooms and garlic; saute until mushrooms are browned, about 8 minutes. Add porcini, porcini soaking liquid (leaving any sediment behind), broth, wine, prosciutto, lemon peel, thyme, 1 teaspoons salt and 1/2 tsp pepper. Reduce heat to medium low; simmer uncovered 20 minutes to blend flavours. Whisk cornstarch mixture to combine and add to skillet; stir until mixture thickens slightly, about 1 1/2 minutes. Season sauce to taste with more salt and pepper, if desired (can be prepared 1 day ahead, cool slightly, then cover and refrigerate).
- 3Preheat oven to 425*F. Melt 6 TBS butter in a small saucepan and remove from heat.
- 4Place 1 phyllo sheet on work surface. Brush phyllo sheet with some of melted butter. Using both hands, gently scrunch buttered phyllo sheet into loose ball, about 2 1/2 to 3 inches in diameter; st on work surface. Repeat with remaining phyllo sheets and melted butter.
- 5Bring mushroom sauce to a boil. Mix in chicken and parsley. Transfer mixture to 13 X 9 X 2 inch glass or ceramic baking dish. Cover hot fillint with phyllo balls. Sprinkle Parmesan over. Bake 15 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350*F and bake until phyllo is golden and chicken is cooked through, about 20 minutes longer.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken and Mushroom Pie With Phyllo-parmesan Crust
Serving Size: 1 (463 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 686.3
- Calories from Fat 412
- Total Fat 45.8 g
- Saturated Fat 19.7 g
- Cholesterol 180.4 mg
- Sodium 966.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 36.6 g