Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 25 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a great recipe to use up leftover chicken. It's very cheap to make.I found this in a magazine but I have added my bits and pieces to it. You can change the contents of the pie to what ever you have in your fridge, I sometimes use cauliflower or broccoli and alter the cooking time by a bit. you can also use other things in the mash like carrot or cheese, you would just have to boil the carrot with the potatoes from the start.
- Pre heat oven 200c 400f.
- Boil the potatoes for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile heat the oil in a non stick fry pan and fry the onion and mushrooms untill soft then add the chicken and tarragon stir well and sprinkle the flour on and cook for an other two minutes.
- Stir in the stock and the milk gradually and stir until the sauce thickens and set aside.
- add the beans to the potatoes and cook for five minutes, drain and mash together with the butter season with salt and pepper to your taste.
- Put the chicken mixture in a greased dish and top with the mash.
- Fluff up and bake for 20/30 minutes until brown and crispy.