1 hr 5 mins
Fairy Nuff's Note:
This is a private recipe made public so that I could add it to a cookbook for my family. The notes pertain to my family. This is yummy but, Doug, you need to scoop the mushrooms out of Chris's piece and then mark his part. This is my own recipe made for my family.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed and chopped
- 350 g chicken breast fillets, chopped
- 3 piece bacon (rashers)
- 473.18 ml mushrooms, chopped
- 118.29 ml white wine
- 236.59 ml chicken stock
- 29.58 ml parsley, chopped
- 14.79 ml cornflour
- 29.58 ml water
- fresh ground black pepper
- 4.92 ml butter (melted or cooking spray for the pie plate)
- 2 sheet puff pastry
- 1 egg
- 29.58 ml milk
- 1heat the oil in a frying pan over a semi-low heat.
- 2add the onion, garlic and bacon and fry gently, stirring often, until the onion is transparent, place in a bowl.
- 3Increase the heat to medium and add the chicken, stirring frequently until browned, removed to a bowl.
- 4Return the onion mix to the pan adding the sliced mushrooms, cook for a couple of minutes.
- 5Add the wine, stir and cook for a minute.
- 6Add the stock and simmer until reduced by half, stirring occassionally.
- 7Return chicken to pan, bring to boil and add pepper.
- 8Mix the cornflour with water and add it to the pan stirring until the sauce boils and thickens, add parsley and set aside to cool slightly.
- 9Heat oven to 220C and take two sheets of puff pastry out of the freezer, remove the blue plastic and put them on the bench to thaw.
- 10Spray the pie plate with cooking spray or brush it with melted butter, lay one sheet of pastry over the plate, tucking it down on the bottom and pushing it in on the sides.
- 11Add the chicken filling, remembering to not add mushrooms to Chris's piece, Put the other sheet of pastry over the top, press around the edges , mark Chris's piece with a C and then cut the excess pastry off by running a sharp knife around the rim.
- 12Use the excess pastry to decorate the pie. Press the edges down around the rim with a fork.
- 13Pierce the pie here and there with a fork.
- 14Beat the egg with the milk and then brush over the pie.
- 15Place in the oven for 10 minutes then reduce heat to 190C and cook for 30-40 minutes.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken and Mushroom Pie
Serving Size: 1 (202 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 657.1
- Calories from Fat 373
- Total Fat 41.4 g
- Saturated Fat 11.0 g
- Cholesterol 80.3 mg
- Sodium 415.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 23.9 g