Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
These patties are cheap and easy to make.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 300 g large button mushrooms, finely chopped
- 400 g minced chicken breasts
- 6 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup fresh whole wheat breadcrumbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- olive oil flavored cooking spray
- Heat oil in a large non-stick frying pan over high heat. Add mushrooms and cook, stirring often, for 8 minutes or until mushroom juices evaporate. Transfer to a large bowl. Set aside for ten minutes to cool.
- Add mince, green onion, breadcrumbs, egg, parsley and salt and pepper to mushrooms and mix until combined.
- Shape mixture into 8 patties. Spray non-stick pan or bbq plate with olive oil spray and cook patties until browned on both sides and cooked through.
- Use the patties in burgers or serve with a salad.