Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Non-marinara based pasta dish found on the web. Could easily be adapted to different pastas -- whatever one has on hand.
- 8 ounces penne pasta
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into bite-size strips
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1⁄4 cup basil leaves, shredded
- 3 tablespoons fresh oregano, snipped
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and return to saucepan and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, season chicken with salt and pepper. Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and garlic and cook, stirring, about 5 minutes or until chicken is tender and no longer pink. Remove from skillet and keep warm.
- Add remaining olive oil to skillet. Cook mushrooms and onion in hot olive oil until just tender, stirring occasionally.
- Carefully add chicken broth and white wine.
- Bring to boiling, reduce heat and boil gently, uncovered, about 2 minutes or until liquid is reduced by half.
- Remove skillet from heat. Add cooked pasta, chicken, cherry tomatoes, basil and oregano to mushroom mixture and toss to coat.
- Transfer to a serving dish and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and freshly ground pepper.
This was very tasty ans easy to make . I used a leftover rotisserie chicken
This is such a simple weekday recipe to put together with most of these ingredients I always have on hand. We really enjoyed the light taste, without a heavy sauce. I did use reduced amounts of dry herbs, but fresh is always better. We look forward to having this again, ieve. Thanks so much for sharing this recipe!
This recipe is wonderful! I didn't have all the ingredients the recipe requires but it still turned out great! My husband who is on a diet ate 2 bowls, AFTER he came back from the gym, lol. I didn't have tomatoes and white wine, instead I added some carrots and spinach, and some apple juice as the white wine substitute. This is definitely a keeper, thank you for posting!