Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Non-marinara based pasta dish found on the web. Could easily be adapted to different pastas -- whatever one has on hand.
- 8 ounces penne pasta
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into bite-size strips
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1⁄4 cup basil leaves, shredded
- 3 tablespoons fresh oregano, snipped
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and return to saucepan and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, season chicken with salt and pepper. Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and garlic and cook, stirring, about 5 minutes or until chicken is tender and no longer pink. Remove from skillet and keep warm.
- Add remaining olive oil to skillet. Cook mushrooms and onion in hot olive oil until just tender, stirring occasionally.
- Carefully add chicken broth and white wine.
- Bring to boiling, reduce heat and boil gently, uncovered, about 2 minutes or until liquid is reduced by half.
- Remove skillet from heat. Add cooked pasta, chicken, cherry tomatoes, basil and oregano to mushroom mixture and toss to coat.
- Transfer to a serving dish and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and freshly ground pepper.
First of all, it took me about one hour to finish this meal, not half an hour as stated. Next, chicken should be fried/cooked more than 5 minutes. I ended up with not so well cooked meat. Next, you should add more salt than stated in the recipe. Beside all of this, a nice recipe. A man.
Love this recipe! I added some courgette which was lovely. A nice alternative to my usual creamy mushroom and white wine chicken pasta sauce! Definitely recommend, always a hit with my boyfriend :-)
This was very tasty ans easy to make . I used a leftover rotisserie chicken