Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Non-marinara based pasta dish found on the web. Could easily be adapted to different pastas -- whatever one has on hand.
- 8 ounces penne pasta
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into bite-size strips
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1⁄4 cup basil leaves, shredded
- 3 tablespoons fresh oregano, snipped
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and return to saucepan and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, season chicken with salt and pepper. Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and garlic and cook, stirring, about 5 minutes or until chicken is tender and no longer pink. Remove from skillet and keep warm.
- Add remaining olive oil to skillet. Cook mushrooms and onion in hot olive oil until just tender, stirring occasionally.
- Carefully add chicken broth and white wine.
- Bring to boiling, reduce heat and boil gently, uncovered, about 2 minutes or until liquid is reduced by half.
- Remove skillet from heat. Add cooked pasta, chicken, cherry tomatoes, basil and oregano to mushroom mixture and toss to coat.
- Transfer to a serving dish and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and freshly ground pepper.
Love this recipe! I added some courgette which was lovely. A nice alternative to my usual creamy mushroom and white wine chicken pasta sauce! Definitely recommend, always a hit with my boyfriend :-)
This was very tasty ans easy to make . I used a leftover rotisserie chicken
This is such a simple weekday recipe to put together with most of these ingredients I always have on hand. We really enjoyed the light taste, without a heavy sauce. I did use reduced amounts of dry herbs, but fresh is always better. We look forward to having this again, ieve. Thanks so much for sharing this recipe!