Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Super-Fast from Cooking Light Magazine, November 2009 edition.These were a lot of fun to make because we had a lot of help and we couldn't wait to eat these delicious sandwiches.:)
- cooking spray
- 473.18 ml pre-sliced cremini mushrooms or 473.18 ml pre-sliced button mushrooms
- 4.92 ml minced garlic
- 59.14 ml canola mayonnaise (to which you add crushed red pepper flakes)
- 29.58 ml chopped sun-dried tomatoes, packed without oil
- 14.79 ml capers
- 8 slice ciabatta (1 1/2 oz) or 8 slice sourdough bread (1 1/2 oz)
- 226.79 g chopped skinless boneless rotisserie chicken breasts
- 4 slice reduced-fat provolone cheese
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; coat pan with cooking spray.
- Add mushrooms and garlic to pan, sauté 3 minutes or until mushrooms are tender; remove from heat and set aside.
- Combine mayonnaise (with crushed red pepper flakes), tomatoes, and capers in a mini food processor; pulse until well combined.
- Spread 1 T mayonnaise mixture over each of 4 bread slices; top each with 1/4 cup mushroom mixture, 2 oz chicken, 1 cheese slice and 1 bread slice.
- Heat a large grill pan over medium heat.
- Coat pan with cooking spray.
- Add sandwiches to pan; place a cast-iron skillet or other heavy skillet on top of sandwiches, press gently to flatten sandwiches.
- Cook 2 minutes on each side or until bread is toasted (leave cast-iron skillet on top of sandwiches while they cook.).
- E N J O Y!