Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
I went to Makros (similar to Costco) today and got a huge box of chicken breasts. I was putting them into freezer bag by pairs for future meals (there are only two of us) and I had one 'odd' breast left over. So, I made these open face sandwiches for lunch. It could serve one person for lunch or two for a snack.
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 mushrooms, sliced
- 2 slice bread
- 29.58 ml light mayonnaise
- 14.79 ml barbecue sauce
- 56.69 g mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Slice the chicken breast into chunky slices.
- Lightly fry the chicken and mushrooms until the chicken is browned and cooked through. (You could make it healthier by doing the chicken on a Foreman grill). Set aside for a moment.
- In a small bowl mix together the mayonnaise and the BBQ sauce until they are well blended.
- Put the bread on a baking tray and spread each slice liberally with the BBQ mayo.
- Arrange the chunky chicken slices on the bread so that they cover as much of the surface area as possible.
- Scatter the mushrooms over the top of the chicken.
- Sprinkle both slices of bread with cheese and put under the grill or broiler until the cheese is melted.
This was yummy! I made slapped another piece of bread on top and grilled it like a panini. Yummy flavor and easy to put together...espeically if you have leftover chicken already cooked. Thanks for sharing!
This is good! I used my George Foreman grill as suggested. It was very simple and very tasty! Thanks for sharing.