1/3 Photos of Chicken and Mushroom Open Face Melt With BBQ Mayo
I went to Makros (similar to Costco) today and got a huge box of chicken breasts. I was putting them into freezer bag by pairs for future meals (there are only two of us) and I had one 'odd' breast left over. So, I made these open face sandwiches for lunch. It could serve one person for lunch or two for a snack.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Slice the chicken breast into chunky slices.
- 2Lightly fry the chicken and mushrooms until the chicken is browned and cooked through. (You could make it healthier by doing the chicken on a Foreman grill). Set aside for a moment.
- 3In a small bowl mix together the mayonnaise and the BBQ sauce until they are well blended.
- 4Put the bread on a baking tray and spread each slice liberally with the BBQ mayo.
- 5Arrange the chunky chicken slices on the bread so that they cover as much of the surface area as possible.
- 6Scatter the mushrooms over the top of the chicken.
- 7Sprinkle both slices of bread with cheese and put under the grill or broiler until the cheese is melted.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken and Mushroom Open Face Melt With BBQ Mayo
Serving Size: 1 (153 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 552.2
- Calories from Fat 234
- Total Fat 26.0 g
- Saturated Fat 9.7 g
- Cholesterol 123.7 mg
- Sodium 1135.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 5.1 g
- Protein 45.2 g