Recipe by Dancer^
A quick healthy meal, you can be eating in 40 minutes, my favorite kind. Points 7.
Top Review by RonaNZ
Nice easy recipe and very tasty. I didn't have marsala wine so I used an ordinary white wine. I should maybe have added some brandy for a more authentic flavour. I'll try that next time.
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 (4 -6 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- fresh ground black pepper
- flour (for dredging)
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄3 cup marsala wine
- 2⁄3 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the olive oil in a large, non-stick skillet.
- While the oil is heating, season the chicken with salt and pepper and dredge it in flour.
- Sauté the chicken over medium-high heat until golden brown, about 2 minutes on each side.
- Remove the chicken to a platter and keep warm.
- Add the mushrooms, season with salt and pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender.
- Add the wine, stir with a wooden spoon to release any caramelized bits that may be stuck to the pan and cook until the wine is almost completely evaporated.
- Add the chicken broth , chicken and any juices that have accumulated on the platter.
- Simmer until the chicken is cooked through, about 10 minutes.
- Remove the chicken to a clean serving platter and keep warm.
- Simmer the broth mixture until it has reduced by half, about 5 minutes.
- Spoon the sauce over the chicken, sprinkle with parsley and serve.