Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Inspired by Rachael Ray's recipe, I made a few changes to suit our tastes and it came out fantastic. Don't let all the steps fool you, this is easy and economical. I hope you will like it too.
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 453.59 g ground chicken
- 236.59 ml chicken broth
- 236.59 ml tomato sauce
- 118.29 ml heavy cream
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 226.79 g sliced mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 29.58 ml paprika
- 29.58 ml dry parsley flakes
- 340.19 g package gnocchi
- Start by filling a large pot with water and bringing it to a boil.
- Meanwhile, Using a large deep skillet (the bigger the better) coat it with olive oil and brown ground chicken.
- push the chicken to the sides and add garlic, onions, mushrooms and peppers. Cook until vegetables are soft for about 5 minutes.
- Mix vegetables and chicken in pan and add paprika, tomato sauce, and chicken broth.
- Bring to a boil and reduce heat to simmer.
- Your water should be boiling by now, add gnocci and cook for about 3-4 minutes until it puffs up and begins to float. Drain.
- Add half cup of heavy cream to sauce mixture and reduce heat to low. Stir to make sure it combines well. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add gnocci to sauce mixture and allow to absorb flavors for about 5 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley and serve.
This was EXTREMELY tasty. I used all hot Hungarian paprika, and I think I would use half mild next time as this had alot more bite than I thought it would. For how quickly this is made it is REALLY packed with taste. It is quite saucy (even before the sour cream I added to try and calm it a little) and I found myself wishing for a few more gnocchi to use that sauce up. A definite repeat in our household.
We all really liked this.I love paprika and I substitute ground chicken for other meats in a lot of my cooking, so I knew I'd like it anyway. Happy that my family did too. Only substitute I made was to use green pepper instead of red - I just prefer it. Thanks!