Pepper Monkey's Note:
Inspired by Rachael Ray's recipe, I made a few changes to suit our tastes and it came out fantastic. Don't let all the steps fool you, this is easy and economical. I hope you will like it too.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 lb sliced mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons dry parsley flakes
- 1 (12 ounce) package gnocchi
- 1Start by filling a large pot with water and bringing it to a boil.
- 2Meanwhile, Using a large deep skillet (the bigger the better) coat it with olive oil and brown ground chicken.
- 3push the chicken to the sides and add garlic, onions, mushrooms and peppers. Cook until vegetables are soft for about 5 minutes.
- 4Mix vegetables and chicken in pan and add paprika, tomato sauce, and chicken broth.
- 5Bring to a boil and reduce heat to simmer.
- 6Your water should be boiling by now, add gnocci and cook for about 3-4 minutes until it puffs up and begins to float. Drain.
- 7Add half cup of heavy cream to sauce mixture and reduce heat to low. Stir to make sure it combines well. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- 8Add gnocci to sauce mixture and allow to absorb flavors for about 5 minutes.
- 9Garnish with parsley and serve.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken and Mushroom Goulash With Gnocchi
Serving Size: 1 (391 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 372.3
- Calories from Fat 202
- Total Fat 22.5 g
- Saturated Fat 8.9 g
- Cholesterol 120.2 mg
- Sodium 619.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 6.5 g
- Protein 29.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: