Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is quick and tasty. Even my mushroom-hating brother liked it.
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 8 ounces mushrooms (crimini, portobello, button, etc.)
- 1⁄2 tablespoon fresh rosemary
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 3⁄4 cup beef broth
- 1⁄2 tablespoon garlic powder
- In a large skillet, brown chicken breast. Remove from pan. .
- Saute onion, mushrooms, and fresh rosemary until mushrooms are tender. Do not add salt: this will make the mushrooms tough. Pepper to taste.
- Add browned chicken back to pan.
- In a separate bowl wisk soup, broth, and garlic powder until smooth. Add to pan and head to boiling. Reduce heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes until chicken is cooked through and tender.
- Serve over rice or egg noodles.
Very good and easy to make. I followed the recipe other then I used six chicken breasts but kept the rest of the recipe the same. I added some olive oil to the pan after browning the chicken as it was starting to stick. I didn' t have fresh rosemary so I used dried. I also didn't have cream of celery soup so used cream of chicken. I served this with mashed potatoes and broccoli. The whole family enjoyed this and it made wonderful gravy. This will be made more often.