Recipe by Donnalou86
This is a recipe I came across in a reader's digest cookbook and I thought it sounded delicious. I haven't cooked it yet, am going to cook it for mine and my partner's dinner tomorrow night because I think it sounds divine! Let me know what you guys think! For a more prominent lemon flavor, add the grated lemon rind to the breadcrumb coating.
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and crushed
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 12 ounces mozzarella cheese
- seasoned flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 6 tablespoons fine breadcrumbs
- oil (for deep frying)
- 1 lemon, zest of, finally grated
- 1 thin lemon wedge
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the chicken into even sized cubes, about 1 inch. Put into a shallow dish with the lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, rosemary, salt and pepper. Cover and chill for 3 - 4 hours.
- Drain the chicken cubes from the marinade. Cut the Mozzarella into cubes slightly smaller than the chicken.
- Thread the chicken and Mozzarella cubes alternately onto 4 kebab skewers.
- Dust with seasoned flour, dip into the beaten egg and coat evenly with breadcrumbs.
- Lower the threaded skewers into a pan of hot oil and deep fry for 5-6 minutes until crisp and golden; drain thoroughly on kitchen paper, and sprinkle with lemon rind.
- Serve immediately, garnished with lemon wedges and sprigs of rosemary.