Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
These kabobs are low fat and low calorie. These can also be done on the grill cooked directly over hot coals for 8-10 minutes. A little in the spicy side.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- ground red pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar or 2 tablespoons red wine
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄2 cantaloupe, 1 1/2-inch dice
- 16 green onions (1/2-inch pieces)
- 2 tablespoons peach preserves or 2 tablespoons apricot preserves
- Heat oil in a small saucepan, add spices and cook 1 minute.
- Remove from heat, cool and add vinegar.
- Cut each breast 1/2 into 1" pieces.
- On four skewersalternate chicken cantaloupe and green onion.
- Brush all surfaces with vingegar mixture.
- Place skewers on un-heated broiler pan and broil 4-5 inches from heat for 5 minutes.
- Stir preserves into remaining vinegar mixture.
- Brush on kabobs, turn kabobs and brush again. Broil 3-5 minuteslonger or untuil chicken is tender and no longer pink.
Great combination, I haven't thought of melon and chicken before but, we really liked this recipe. We cooked ours on the grill and used apricot preserves (a little more flavorful than peach). The spice was not overwhelming at all but, we like spicy.