Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
These kabobs are low fat and low calorie. These can also be done on the grill cooked directly over hot coals for 8-10 minutes. A little in the spicy side.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- ground red pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar or 2 tablespoons red wine
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄2 cantaloupe, 1 1/2-inch dice
- 16 green onions (1/2-inch pieces)
- 2 tablespoons peach preserves or 2 tablespoons apricot preserves
- Heat oil in a small saucepan, add spices and cook 1 minute.
- Remove from heat, cool and add vinegar.
- Cut each breast 1/2 into 1" pieces.
- On four skewersalternate chicken cantaloupe and green onion.
- Brush all surfaces with vingegar mixture.
- Place skewers on un-heated broiler pan and broil 4-5 inches from heat for 5 minutes.
- Stir preserves into remaining vinegar mixture.
- Brush on kabobs, turn kabobs and brush again. Broil 3-5 minuteslonger or untuil chicken is tender and no longer pink.