Smurfetta Chef #427781's Note:
These kabobs are low fat and low calorie. These can also be done on the grill cooked directly over hot coals for 8-10 minutes. A little in the spicy side.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- ground red pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar or 2 tablespoons red wine
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 cantaloupe, 1 1/2-inch dice
- 16 green onions (1/2-inch pieces)
- 2 tablespoons peach preserves or 2 tablespoons apricot preserves
- 1Heat oil in a small saucepan, add spices and cook 1 minute.
- 2Remove from heat, cool and add vinegar.
- 3Cut each breast 1/2 into 1" pieces.
- 4On four skewersalternate chicken cantaloupe and green onion.
- 5Brush all surfaces with vingegar mixture.
- 6Place skewers on un-heated broiler pan and broil 4-5 inches from heat for 5 minutes.
- 7Stir preserves into remaining vinegar mixture.
- 8Brush on kabobs, turn kabobs and brush again. Broil 3-5 minuteslonger or untuil chicken is tender and no longer pink.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken and Melon Kabobs
Serving Size: 1 (270 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 233.0
- Calories from Fat 46
- Total Fat 5.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 68.4 mg
- Sodium 173.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 11.5 g
- Protein 29.1 g