Recipe by Andrea
This is a quick and very tasty dish. I found it on meals.com (courtesy of Washington Fryer Commission).
Top Review by Sharlene~W
This is a "must have" recipe for college students and beginning cooks as it is SO EASY--especially if you use canned gravy and instant potatoes. My kids didn't complain about eating their vegetables either! I will be cooking this often on "soccer night" when I have no time to fix dinner.
- 3 (1 ounce) packages chicken gravy mix
- 3 cups cubed, cooked chicken breasts
- 3 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 4 cups frozen mashed potatoes (, prepared according to package directions) or 4 cups frozen instant mashed potatoes (, prepared according to package directions)
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare gravy mix according package directions in skillet (or you can make your own gravy).
- Add chicken and frozen vegetables and return to boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Pour hot stew into 4-quart baking dish.
- Spoon or pipe potatoes onto hot mixture using pastry bag and large tip.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 12-15 minutes or until potato topping is lightly browned.