Simple summer salad makes good use of leftover chicken and summer fruit. Recipe adapted from newspaper recipe.
- 2 cups cooked chicken, cut into bite size pieces
- 2 whole mangoes, peeled and chopped
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 1 tablespoon raspberry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- spinach leaves (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup strawberry, sliced, garnish (optional)
- 1 kiwi, sliced garnish (optional)
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 cup alfalfa sprout (or other sprouts) (optional)
- 1 granny smith apple, chopped (or other apple) (optional)
- 3 radishes, thinly sliced (garnish) (optional)
- 2 ounces slivered almonds (garnish) (optional)
- In a large salad bowl combine salad ingredients (chicken, mangoes, tomatoes, bell pepper, green onions, celery, sprouts, and apples).
- In a small bowl whisk together vinegar, lemon juice and sugar.
- Add yogurt to dressing and stir well to combine.
- Add dressing to salad and toss well.
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- Serve on spinach leaves and garnish with sliced strawberries, kiwi, radishes and almonds.