Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a delicious, light chicken salad you can serve over mixed greens or in a sandwich or just with some crackers. This is fishingdoc's wife's recipe.
- 4 cooked chicken breasts
- 1 mango
- 1⁄2 small red onion
- 2 tablespoons Dijonnaise mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Cube the chicken breast, peel and cube the mango and dice the onion.
- Put everything in a large bowl.
- Squeeze the juice from the mango flesh remaining in the skins over the mixture in the bowl.
- Add the mustard and mix.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- If you do not like onion you can try other things such as sweet bell pepper, sugar snap peas - anything you like for color and texture.
Wonderfully easy, very tasty recipe. I dislike mayonnaise so am always looking for chicken salad recipes without it. The mango makes an excellent match with the mustard! For my husband I used the red onion, for myself red bell pepper. Will make it again! Thanks for sharing :-)
Made for Think Pink 2011.