1/3 Photos of Chicken and Mango Curry
I haven't made this yet but it sounds amazing. It's a Thai curry. I'm storing here on Zaar so I'll know where to find it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/3 cup peanut oil or 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 -4 tablespoons red curry paste or 3 -4 tablespoons yellow curry paste (more if you're brave)
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 (14 ounce) cans coconut milk
- 1 cup chicken broth or 1 cup stock
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts or 1 lb chicken thigh pieces, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 inch fresh ginger, cut in thick slices
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded,and cut in strips
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and cut in strips
- 1 large mango, peeled,pitted,cut in strips
- 1 (14 ounce) can straw mushrooms, drained
- 6 tablespoons fish sauce
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro (optional)
- 4 -6 cups cooked white rice
- 1In a deep frying pan or wok heat oil over medium heat until hot.
- 2Add curry paste and garlic and cook, stirring, for about 30 seconds.
- 3Slowly stir in coconut milk and chicken broth.
- 4Reduce heat to simmer; add chicken and cook for 10 to 15 minutes.
- 5Remove and discard garlic.
- 6Add ginger, onion, and peppers; cook until tender, about 7 minutes.
- 7Add mango, straw mushrooms, fish sauce, and sugar.
- 8When heated through, serve over individual plates of hot rice.
- 9Garnish with cilantro.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken and Mango Curry
Serving Size: 1 (609 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1547.2
- Calories from Fat 592
- Total Fat 65.8 g
- Saturated Fat 41.7 g
- Cholesterol 72.6 mg
- Sodium 2868.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 194.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.0 g
- Sugars 28.5 g
- Protein 49.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
red curry paste