I haven't made this yet but it sounds amazing. It's a Thai curry. I'm storing here on Zaar so I'll know where to find it!
- 1⁄3 cup peanut oil or 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 -4 tablespoons red curry paste or 3 -4 tablespoons yellow curry paste (more if you're brave)
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 (14 ounce) cans coconut milk
- 1 cup chicken broth or 1 cup stock
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts or 1 lb chicken thigh pieces, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 inch fresh ginger, cut in thick slices
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded,and cut in strips
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and cut in strips
- 1 large mango, peeled,pitted,cut in strips
- 1 (14 ounce) can straw mushrooms, drained
- 6 tablespoons fish sauce
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup chopped cilantro (optional)
- 4 -6 cups cooked white rice
- In a deep frying pan or wok heat oil over medium heat until hot.
- Add curry paste and garlic and cook, stirring, for about 30 seconds.
- Slowly stir in coconut milk and chicken broth.
- Reduce heat to simmer; add chicken and cook for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove and discard garlic.
- Add ginger, onion, and peppers; cook until tender, about 7 minutes.
- Add mango, straw mushrooms, fish sauce, and sugar.
- When heated through, serve over individual plates of hot rice.
- Garnish with cilantro.