1/1 Photo of Chicken and Mandarin Oranges
Scrapbook Lori's Note:
Another light and tasty recipe I am posting for safe keeping. I have not tried this one yet
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 cups rice, cooked and hot
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, fresh and minced
- 1In a small bowl, combine the salt, ginger and pepper. Sprinkle over both sides of chicken.
- 2In a nonstick skillet, saute chicken in oil for 2 minutes on each side or until browned.
- 3Remove chicken to plate and keep warm.
- 4Reduce heat to medium low.
- 5Drain oranges, reserving juice.
- 6Stir juice, onion and red pepper flakes into skillet.
- 7Cook and stir for about 3 minutes or until onion is tender. Bring to a boil.
- 8Return chicken to skillet. Reduce heat; cover and cook for about 10 minutes or until chicken juices run clear.
- 9Place chicken over rice; keep warm.
- 10Combine corstarch and water until smooth.
- 11Gradually stir into skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for about 2 minutes or until mixture is thickened.
- 12Add mandarin oranges; heat through.
- 13Pour sauce over chicken.
- 14Sprinkle with cilantro.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken and Mandarin Oranges
Serving Size: 1 (325 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 566.9
- Calories from Fat 52
- Total Fat 5.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 68.4 mg
- Sodium 371.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 91.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 9.0 g
- Protein 34.5 g