Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I developed this easy recipe while suffering from a terrible cold this winter. I started making it for my friends while they were sick, and it really helped their colds and it tasted fantastic. Try it out next time you're sick, or have it anytime.
- 2 1⁄2 cups water
- 2 cups chicken stock (or use 2 cups water and 2 teaspoons of chicken stock base like "better than Bouillon")
- 2 boneless skinless chicken thighs or 1 boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon creole seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red chili pepper flakes
- 4 baby carrots or 1 small carrot
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup red bell pepper, finely sliced
- 1⁄2 stalk celery, sliced
- 1 cup fresh Baby Spinach
- 1⁄2 cup zucchini, sliced
- 1 large garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup gingerroot (finely grated with juice)
- 1 teaspoon dried lemon grass (pulse in spice grinder or use mortar and pestle to grind into fine powder)
- 2 teaspoons curry (Malaysian Ginger Curry or you can use Thai green or red curry paste)
- 1 5⁄8 ounces Thai rice noodles (1.6 oz bag Thai Kitchen Ginger flavored rice noodle soup)
- Chop chicken and veggies into med sized chunks. Spinach can be roughly chopped and set aside to add at the end with the noodles.
- Add vegetable oil, chicken (chopped into med sized chunks also), creole seasoning, and all the veggies except the zucchini and spinach. Saute for 2-3 minutes on medium high.
- Add water, chicken broth, noodle flavor packets, chili flakes, garlic, ginger and lemon grass. Bring to a boil and then let simmer on Med heat for 10 minutes. Add Zucchini and curry. Let simmer another 2-3 minutes. Then add spinach and noodles. Let cook for 3-4 minutes. Enjoy.