Recipe by ~*Simmar*~
A Yummy, easy pasta dish that everyone will love! It has a mixture of chicken, macaroni pasta, and a delicious assortment of vegetables (you can add whatever vegies you like) all baked in a creamy tomato sauce.....it's too die for!
- 2 -3 chicken breasts (sliced)
- 2 cups macaroni or 2 cups elbow macaroni, cooked
- 1 large carrot, chopped
- 1 -2 zucchini, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) can tomato soup
- 1 (14 ounce) can whole tomatoes, diced
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 180 degrees celcius.
- Heat oil in fry pan, add chicken in two batches, cook until lightly browned.
- once finished leave pan out ready for the next ingredients.
- while the chicken is cooking cook pasta, following cooking instructions on packet.
- Using the pan cook the onion for about 2 minutes and then add the rest of the chopped vegetables (if you do not like your vegetables crunchy then put them in the microwave for 5 minutes in a microwave safe dish, with enough water to cover them) , also add the tomato soup and whole or diced tomatoes.
- Simmer for about 15mins or until vegies are cooked.
- In a large mixing bowl put the tomato mixture in followed by the pasta and chicken. Stir making sure everything is coated with the sauce.
- add the sour cream to the mixture. If the sauce goes a nice orange, creamy colour then it should be right, if not add a bit more. The amount of sour cream you add can vary depending on your taste, thats just how i like it.
- Once the sour cream is thoroughly mixed through, put into a baking dish and sprinkle the cheese evenly over the top.
- Bake for 20 - 25 minutes or until cheese goes golden brown.