Recipe by Chris from Kansas
I love this recipe because it is so quick to put together and tastes great. It also freezes very well (before cooking) and can be cut in half for smaller families.
- 3 cups canned chopped tomatoes with juice
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1⁄4 cup whole garlic clove
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 1 cup uncooked macaroni
- 1 cup canned mushroom slices
- 1⁄2 cup diced onion
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Spray a 9X13 pan with non-stick spray.
- In large bowl, mix together all ingredients, except chicken and cheese.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Top with chicken pieces and then sprinkle with cheese.
- Cover pan with foil and bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
- Remove cover and push macaroni down into sauce if needed.
- Bake an additional 15-20 minutes or until macaroni is tender.