1/2 Photos of Chicken and Macadamia Fried Rice
bluemoon downunder's Note:
A quick and easy, reasonably low fat fried rice made with mandarin segments and macadamia nuts. Adapted from Rodale's "Terrific Chicken: 100 Great Meals in Minutes".
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 236.59 ml basmati rice, cooked
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 709.77 ml cooked chicken, cubed
- 2 mandarin oranges, peeled and broken into segments
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 118.29 ml macadamia nuts, salted, dry-roasted, coarsely chopped
- 29.58 ml reduced sodium soy sauce
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1Cook rice according to the packet directions and keep warm.
- 2Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a wok or a large sauté pan over a medium-high heat.
- 3Add the eggs and stir-fry for 3 minutes, or until the eggs have set. Transfer to a small dish and keep warm.
- 4Add the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil to the wok or sauté pan, and add the chicken, mandarin segments, green onions, macadamia nuts, soy sauce and rice.
- 5Stir-fry for 4 minutes, stirring, or until mixed well and heated through.
- 6Add the eggs to the wok or sauté pan.
- 7Season to taste with freshly ground black pepper.
- 8Stir fry for 1 further minute.
- 9Serve over cooked basmati rice with your favourite salad.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken and Macadamia Fried Rice
Serving Size: 1 (176 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 397.3
- Calories from Fat 182
- Total Fat 20.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 123.0 mg
- Sodium 280.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 23.6 g