Jalapeños and lime complement each other perfectly in this spicy Mexican classic. This recipe is from vegcooking.com I'm not really big on the meat replacement products so sometimes I leave it out or substitute portabello mushrooms or something similiar to that. *For a spicier soup, use 2 peppers and 1/4 cup hot sauce .
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small white onion, thinly sliced
- 10 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 serrano peppers or 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 6 cups vegetable stock
- 12 ounces vegan chicken or 2 cups chopped portabella mushrooms
- 1 large tomato, peeled, seeded, and diced
- 2 tablespoons green chili sauce
- 1/3 cup lime juice, fresh
- black pepper, to taste
- cayenne pepper, to taste
- 1/3 cup cilantro, chopped
- 4 corn tortillas, cut into strips
- 1Heat the oil in a large saucepan, add the onion, garlic, and hot pepper, and cook for about 5 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- 2Stir in the stock, Chickette, tomato, hot sauce, lime juice, pepper, and cayenne.
- 3Simmer until the "chicken" is cooked, about 5 to 7 minutes. Stir in the cilantro and adjust the seasonings as needed.(see description).
- 4While the soup is cooking, preheat the oven to 350°F Spread the tortilla strips on a baking sheet and bake for about 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned and crispy.
- 5Top the soup with the tortilla strips.
Browse Our Top Clear Soup Recipes
Nutritional Facts for 'chicken' and Lime Soup (Vegan)
Serving Size: 1 (86 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 115.8
- Calories from Fat 38
- Total Fat 4.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 18.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 2.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: