Recipe by Oolala
From Moriches Bay Realty's Our Best Home Cooking. Haven't tried it yet but looks simple with lime juice and peel, apple juice or cider and chicken bouillon. Here for safe keeping.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, about 12 oz. total weight
- 1⁄2 lime
- 3⁄4 cup apple juice or 3⁄4 cup apple cider
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chicken bouillon granule
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the lime skin into thin stips using a vegetable peeler and set them aside.
- Squeeze the lime for a tablespoons of juice and add it to the apple juice or cider.
- Preheat large skillet, sprayed with nonstick cooking spray, over medium heat.
- Add chicken (I would season chicken with salt, pepper and garlic) and cook for 8-10 minutes or until tender and no longer pink turning to brown evenly.
- Remove chicken from skillet.
- Take the apple and lime juice and add the bouillon to dissolve in the juices.
- Add the cornstarch to the juices and carefully add this to the skillet and cook and stir until thickened and bubbly, and cook for about 2 minutes more.
- To serve, cut the chicken into 1 inch diagonal pieces and spoon the lime sauce over each serving.
- Garnish with the reserved lime peel stips.