Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Quick and easy chicken for two.
- 3⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons golden raisins
- 3⁄4 cup couscous
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 chicken breast halves
- 1 leek, sliced and washed well
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- Make couscous by heating chicken stock, butter and raisins to a boil. Add couscous, cover and remove from heat.
- Heat oil in medium skillet. Cut chicken into bit sized pieces. Add to hot oil, season with salt and pepper. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add leeks, and cook 5 more minutes.
- Add wine and cook 5 more minutes.
- Fluff couscous and serve with chicken.
Quite a lot of flavor for such few ingredients. I used dried cherries as I didn't have raisins and it was still very good. It would be fun to experiment with different flavors like curry or saffron. Thanks for a great and simple recipe.
Good, tasty, silmple and fairly healthy. I used more couscous and a second leek and broth and Pam instead of oil, worked fine. Very pretty lunch too. I would make this again for a quick meal, the whole thing didn't take more than 15 or 20 minutes. Nice littel recipe. Made two very big servings with 1 cup couscous and one cup broth and the extra leek. Minus the oil and using light butter instead, same number of calories for 2 servings.
I loved the simplicity of this recipe. I added some garlic and herbs to round out the flavor (personal preference only). The occasional sweet raisin was a lovely little addition. I would certainly make this again.