This was a personal creation, made by mixing a bunch of flavors together that I thought would work well. It is rich and tasty and even my fussy 3 year old seemed to enjoy it.
- 4 slices bacon, chopped into pieces
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, chopped into 1 inch strips
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 leeks, sliced into 1/4 inch thick discs
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon mustard (Dijon preferred)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 cup cream
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- Heat medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Add bacon and cook till some of the fat has melted.
- Add chicken, salt, pepper, and garlic. Saute till chicken is cooked, and begins to brown.
- Add leeks, mustard, herbs, and white wine, stir well.
- Cover saucepan and continue to saute till leeks begin to soften.
- Turn heat to med/low and leave to simmer for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- A few minutes before serving add cream and heat through.
- Thicken with cornstarch if desired.
- Serve over rice or noodles with a green salad on the side.
This was pretty good! I thought leeks looked interested and had never tried to use them before so this was my first attempt. I used whole milk instead of cream and left out the corn starch. The chicken came out really moist which is usually not what happens when I cook chicken so I was pleasantly surprised! Thanks for sharing this recipe :)
LOVED this!!! My 3 and 4 year old and 37 year old LOVED this--thank you. I made it as written, needed no starch to thicken, served with basmati rice,a salad and waa-laa. Just a yummy, flavorful dish--will serve it for company next time with some white wine.
I was looking for a recipe to imitate a chicken and leek crepe ... this did the trick ... I made this dish and filled 12 crepes (any crepe recipe will do). I then topped it with a white wine and mushroom cream sauce (found at this website - really good), shredded some mozzarella cheese, baked the dish @350 for 20 min - and you have gourmet style chicken and leek crepes. This would not be for someone watching their waist line however it was a '10'!