Recipe by Chef Petunia
A recipe I threw together with ingredients I had on hand and it turned out so well I wanted to share. Serve with the options of fresh shaved Parmesan cheese, fresh lemon zest and a squeeze of fresh lemon juice per bowl.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 leeks, halved and thinly sliced then rinsed well in a colander
- 5 stalks celery & tops, thinly sliced
- 2 large carrots, diced
- 1 bay leaf
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 (48 ounce) container chicken broth
- 2 lbs cooked chicken, diced into bite-sized pieces
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans, drained
- 1⁄2 cup Italian parsley, chopped
- 8 ounces baby spinach leaves
- angel hair pasta, broken into small pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. In a Dutch oven, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the leeks, celery, carrots, bay leaf, salt, and pepper to taste and cook until the vegetables are soft, about 20 minutes.
- 2. Add the chicken broth and bring to a boil, about 3 minutes. Add in chicken and beans and remove the bay leaf.
- 3. Stir in the parsley, spinach and broken pasta pieces. Cook till pasta is done.
- **Optional: serve with shaved parmesan cheese and/or some lemon zest and a squirt of fresh lemon juice in each bowl.