Recipe by MonsterMaha
I wanted to cook some chicken and decided to add the leg of lamb since I only had one left. Then I realized I didn't have any chicken broth, so I improvised with canned tomatoes and artichokes. It turned out very Arabic-ish! Enjoy! (Please note that I don't know the exact size of the onion soup mix package. If you buy a box of the Lipton variety, for instance, just use one of the envelopes.)
- 5 chicken thighs, skin on, frozen is okay
- 1 frozen leg of lamb, from Costco, fully cooked and individually wrapped
- 2 ounces onion soup mix (1 envelope)
- 14 ounces crushed tomatoes (1 can)
- 14 ounces water-packed artichoke hearts (1 can)
- 5 5⁄8 ounces parmesan couscous
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients except couscous in crock pot.
- Cook on low 6 hours.
- Cook on high for up to 1 additional hour.
- Cook couscous according to package directions.
- Remove chicken and lamb, cut meat up into bite sized chunks.
- Discard skin and bones.
- Put cut up meat back into crock pot with the soupy mixture.
- Spoon over Parmesan couscous.