Recipe by mariposa13
Source: Better Homes and Gardens. I thought this sounded interesting, although I doubt I'll make it with regular taco shells. I always like to cook corn tortillas instead.
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 8 ounces boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 teaspoon cooking oil
- 6 taco shells
- 1 cup shredded romaine lettuce
- 1⁄2 cup shredded monterey jack cheese (2 ounces) or 1⁄2 cup monterey jack pepper cheese (2 ounces)
- 3 kiwi fruits, peeled and chopped
- 1 small tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lime juice or 1 tablespoon lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine cumin, salt, and red pepper in a small bowl.
- Brush chicken breasts with oil.
- Rub brushed chicken breasts with cumin mixture.
- Place each breast half between 2 pieces of plastic wrap; gently pound with a meat mallet to 1/2 inch thickness.
- Place chicken on the lightly oiled rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium-high heat.
- Grill for 6 to 8 minutes or until an instant-read thermometer registers 170 degree F and juices run clear, turning once.
- Remove chicken; set aside until cool enough to handle.
- Meanwhile, if using purchased taco shells heat shells according to the package directions.
- Cut chicken into thin strips and arrange in taco shells. Top with lettuce and cheese. Toss together chopped kiwifruit, tomato, and lime or lemon juice in a small bowl.
- Sprinkle atop tacos.
- Makes 6 tacos.
- Nutritional facts per serving-.
- calories: 170, total fat: 7g, saturated fat: 3g, cholesterol: 30mg, sodium: 219mg, carbohydrate: 13g, fiber: 2g, protein: 13g, vitamin C: 51%, calcium: 11%, iron: 5%.