Recipe by Meesier42
A simple and rich chicken pasta dish that is very colorful and goes well with strong flavored vegtables such as asparagus. I recommend a good Merlot with this dish.
Top Review by KateMB1332
In our family, there is one vegetarian and 3 meat eaters. This recipe is easily adapted to suit us all. I made as written up until step 4. Instead, I sautéed the kale and garlic without the chicken, and then removed 1/4 for my serving and put it into a smaller pan. In original pan, I proceeded as written adding the chicken, broth, butter, and cheese (had Parmesan on hand). In the veggie pan, I substituted white beans for the chicken and added remaining ingredients. All of us agreed it was excellent. Thank you for a terrific recipe.
- 4 cups cooked penne (2 servings)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 chicken breasts or 2 cups left over chicken meat
- 4 cups fresh kale or 4 cups mustard greens, roughly chopped with stems removed
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1⁄4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth or 1⁄2 cup pasta water
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- cook penne.
- heat oil over medium high heat and saute chicken until cooked through.
- remove chicken from pan and dice into bite sized pieces.
- return chicken to pan and add kale and garlic.
- once kale is cooked through add the cooked penne, butter and feta cheese. Add enough liquid to get everything coated with sauce. Serve immediately.