Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
A simple and rich chicken pasta dish that is very colorful and goes well with strong flavored vegtables such as asparagus. I recommend a good Merlot with this dish.
- 4 cups cooked penne (2 servings)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 chicken breasts or 2 cups left over chicken meat
- 4 cups fresh kale or 4 cups mustard greens, roughly chopped with stems removed
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1⁄4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth or 1⁄2 cup pasta water
- salt and pepper
- cook penne.
- heat oil over medium high heat and saute chicken until cooked through.
- remove chicken from pan and dice into bite sized pieces.
- return chicken to pan and add kale and garlic.
- once kale is cooked through add the cooked penne, butter and feta cheese. Add enough liquid to get everything coated with sauce. Serve immediately.
In our family, there is one vegetarian and 3 meat eaters. This recipe is easily adapted to suit us all. I made as written up until step 4. Instead, I sautéed the kale and garlic without the chicken, and then removed 1/4 for my serving and put it into a smaller pan. In original pan, I proceeded as written adding the chicken, broth, butter, and cheese (had Parmesan on hand). In the veggie pan, I substituted white beans for the chicken and added remaining ingredients. All of us agreed it was excellent. Thank you for a terrific recipe.
Mmmm. This was a great way to use all the kale I got at my CSA. I sauteed the chicken and LOTS of kale in olive oil and added feta and some pasta. Yum. The more greens/feta, the better.
Where has this dish been all my life? WOW! I don't care for feta cheese so I grated up fresh parmesan cheese and couldn't get enough! My son pigs out on this when I make it. Thank you for one of the best recipes I have ever tried! A++++++++++++++++