Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
jackfruit gives a fruity twist to this local favourite.
Make and share this Chicken and Jackfruit Curry recipe from Food.com.
- 1 medium roasting chicken, chopped into stewing-sized pieces
- 10 pieces young jackfruit
- 1⁄2 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- salt and pepper
to make the curry paste (rempah)
- 6 -8 shallots
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 cm fresh turmeric, sliced
- 4 -5 slices galangal
- 3 chili, padis sliced
- 1 stalk lemongrass
- 2 -3 kaffir lime leaves
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon malay shrimp paste (belacan)
- 2 candlenuts
- to prepare rempah, combine all the rempah ingredients. pond together in a pestle and mortar untiil coarse paste forms.( you can whiz them in a blender if time is of the essence).
- heat some oil in a wok and fry the herb paste until fragrant.
- add the chicken and stir wellso that it is coated with the herb paste. stir-fry until chicken is half cooked. add in jackfruit and mix well.
- add coconut milk and 1 cup of water. bring to a boil, then turn the heat down and let the curry simmer ofr about 30 minutes.
- adjust seasoning and serve hot.