Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
An easy, healthy chicken dinner that works great for busy weeknights.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 3 ounces whole wheat linguine
- 1 cup mixed vegetables
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes or 4 fresh tomatoes, diced
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning (I use basil, oregano, thyme, rosemary, and crushed red pepper)
- Mix the Italian seasoning with 1 tsp olive oil and rub over chicken. Refrigerate for 4-24 hours.
- In a saucepan over medium-low heat add the tomatoes, 2 tsp olive oil, 2 tsp balsamic vinegar, and seasoning as desired.
- In a large pan bring 6 cups of water to a boil and cook the pasta according the package directions.
- Allow the tomatoes to simmer for 20 minutes, then add the mixed veggies and continue to simmer for another 10 minutes (I used a frozen blend).
- Grill the chicken until an internal temp of 165 F is reached (approx. 7 minutes per side).
- Pour the tomatoes over the pasta and top with a chicken breast.