Recipe by Genevieve #2
This creamy, flavourful recipe is a great one-dish meal that can be prepared in advance for a quick weeknight meal.
Top Review by mdumes
We doubled the recipe and made two casseroles. We used cooked plain white rice on top, and Tex Mex cheese on top instead of parmesan (but would maybe use both next time) and might reduce the first cooking time as the rice dried out a bit. The kids liked it - add seasoning if you like a stronger flavour.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup celery (chopped)
- 1⁄2 cup onion (chopped)
- 2 Italian sausages (sliced)
- 425 g cream of mushroom soup
- 2 chicken breasts (cooked and cubed)
- 2 cups wild rice, i prefer to use a package of uncle ben's fast and fancy (cooked)
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet. Saute celery and onion until soft, about 5-7 minutes. Add sausage to skillet and continue cooking until sausage is cooked through.
- Add cream of mushroom soup and stir and cook for another 3 to 5 minutes.
- Place the chicken in a casserole dish evenly. Next, layer the sausage mixture over it. Then top with the wild rice.
- Bake in a 375 degree oven for 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle the parmesan on top and continue baking for the final 5 minutes. Enjoy!