Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
For a fast, healthy lunch or snack. From 'Fitness' magazine, September 2008. Prep time = cook time. NOTE: An additional ingredient could be some strips of yellow or red bell pepper, or sun-dried tomatoes.
- 2 tablespoons hummus, any flavor
- 4 small organic whole wheat tortillas
- 1 large grilled chicken breast, cut into thin strips (seasoned how you like)
- 1⁄2 small cucumber, cut into thin strips
- 4 medium romaine lettuce leaves, shredded
- 4 teaspoons chili oil or 4 teaspoons sweet chili sauce
- kosher sea salt
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- Spread 1/2 tablespoon hummus over each tortilla.
- Put the strips of chicken and cucumber on top; add the shredded lettuce.
- Drizzle each wrap with 1 teaspoon chile oil or sweet chile sauce; season with salt and pepper.
- Roll up tortillas and secure with a toothpick.
One serving...that was just an appetizer.
Great wrap! I loved the sweet chili sauce addition. I did half with chicken and half without. Thanks for the great lunch idea!
LOVED these wraps! The fresh veggies and chili sauce with the hummus was so refreshing! Could easily be made vegan too if you needed that. I used FloridaNatives Avacado Hummus for this which I also highly recommend! Made for PAC spring '11.