Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
For as hearty and comforting this chili is, it is very simple!
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cubed
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chili powder
- 15 ounces white hominy, drained
- Brown chicken over medium heat in sauce pan.
- Remove chicken and keep warm.
- Reheat sauce pan over medium heat.
- Saute onion and garlic until onion is translucent.
- Add chicken, broth, oregano, chili powder and combine.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Cover and cook.
- *You can lessen broth and add more chicken and hominy for a thicker soup.